What I Packed for Hong Kong

I prepared a list of what to bring to Hong Kong 2 years before I booked a flight. That's how fired up I am for my Hong Kong trip. Who...


I prepared a list of what to bring to Hong Kong 2 years before I booked a flight. That's how fired up I am for my Hong Kong trip. Who wouldn't? If you're someone like me who prophesized about visiting Hong Kong in 10 years, you understand how it feels. Let's talk more about that in a separate post because this will be all about what I packed inside my Pink 44L CabinZero Backpack.

Before I modified my list of items and booked my November trip to Hong Kong last January 2016, I did some research about the best month of the year to visit Hong Kong. Just like the Philippines, Hong Kong has a very hot summer, and some rainy season, but it also has a cold season! Since I'm also looking forward to visiting Hong Kong Disneyland, it'll be disappointing if I get wet when it starts raining as I go on some rides. The month of November has few rainy days and it's starting to get colder as it nears December. This was the best month for me!

Packing Less

If you read my post about Packing for 3 days in Thailand, you probably didn't know I kinda overpacked. It didn't mean I packed a lot of stuff that made my bag reach the carry-on limit, but there was stuff in there which I didn't use during the whole trip and a couple of items I could do without. For the sake of #OOTD, my backpack felt overpacked. My Hong Kong trip was only for 4 days, a day shorter than Thailand.

Clothes / Undergarments / Footwear

Minimizing the number of clothes I would be bringing meant that I have a slighter increase of encounter an outfit problem. I could accidentally get my shirt dirty and may need another shirt to wear. Having extras for these sort of problem is something I am proud of myself. I didn't want to be in a dilemma of not having an emergency outfit. But for this trip, I'm trying out a way to this problem. I set aside an allowance for outfit problems. In case this happens, I could just buy something new to wear in Hong Kong.


  • Chambray
  • 2 T-Shirt
  • Gray Cardigan
  • Blue Jeans (which was not added in the photo)
  • Sleeping Shirt
  • Black Lounge Pants for sleeping
  • 2 Cami Tanks. Black one has built-in bra
  • 5 underwear
  • 3 ankle socks

Toiletries

The Airbnb private room I booked provided the shampoo and body wash items I needed which meant I could cross those out from my list. In case there wouldn't be any available, I can just purchase some at the 7-Eleven store nearby. Another thing I had to consider during this trip was my period. According to my Clue App my November period falls between the last week of November to the first week of December. A lady's mental and emotional disposition has the ability to throw off that schedule in an instant. You never know what to expect, so I just have to expect it. A few items may not have been included in the picture.


  • Milcu Powder
  • Creamsilk Leave-on
  • Deodorant
  • Lotion
  • Body Spray
  • Face Cream
  • Eye liner
  • 2 Lipstick (A darker shade and a lighter shade)
  • Face Powder with mirror
  • Tooth Brush
  • Tooth Paste
  • Alcohol (Important anywhere)
  • Comb
  • Wet tissue
  • Facial tissue
  • Sanitary pads
  • Micro Fibre Towel

Gadgets / Accessories / Other Stuff

Everything cramped in this section are the items that you can probably live without. I kept most of these inside my sling bag except for the DSLR and extra pair of glasses.

  • Smartphone
  • Phone Charger
  • Power Bank
  • DSLR
  • Notebook and Pen
  • Photocopies of Documents and travel information
  • Silver necklace
  • Black Choker
  • Extra pair of glasses (I wear glasses and I need another one in case something happens to them)
  • Medicine Kit (4 Bonamine, 2 Neozep, 2 Diatabs, 4 Centrum)
I bought another packing cube to replace the gray one because I felt that it added a bit of weight to my bag and I found a Multi-Purpose Packing Cube by TravelOn. It was love at first sight! What really made me fall in love with it is the three mesh pockets and diagonal zipper!

Here are the items found inside my 44L CabinZero Backpack!


The outfit I wore to the airport are not included in the list which included my Black Leather Bomber Jacket, black pants, newsboy hat, stripe shirt and black shoes.


My Airbnb host had a rule about no wearing of shoes inside the apartment, so I didn't bother bringing a flip-flop or extra shoe with me just to try if I could live without those.

Epilogue

Yes, I live without the need of another pair of shoe or a flip flop. In the case of emergencies, I included purchasing an emergency pair of shoes as part of my allowance. Never happened, but I did end up buying a gray sweater during the 2nd day. It became chilly and I didn't want to wear my bomber jacket again on the third day! Due to the chilly weather, I didn't use my gray cardigan and white tank top.









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images