What's up 2018: A mid-year reflection

Just a few more months and it would've been a year without an update on this blog. But no. I'm not letting that happen. So I...




Just a few more months and it would've been a year without an update on this blog. But no. I'm not letting that happen. So I'm just going to give an update on all the sections of my life.

Travel


My favorite topic as always. I will be in Singapore with my family this November. Our first trip out of the country and the first International travel for both of my siblings. Last Peso Fair from Cebu Pacific Air, I was able to purchase a trip for me and L. However, L might not be able to join me since it's going to be a 9-day trip and it will be a day after his father's death anniversary. The ticket I purchase is one of the things I have been waiting for for years. I've talked about to a friend a few years back about the cheapest price I could get. At first, I couldn't believe it, but I am now a believer in airfare miracles! lol

I'm keeping this a secret for now since I need to get my VISA approved for this.

Work

With regards to getting my VISA approved, I need to be able to acquire all the requirements needed. The biggest challenge would be getting an ITR and reaching a certain amount for the travel budget. The latter might not be so hard since I can still save up for the trip. With the ITR, I need to either get a local full-time job that can provide one for me, or register myself as a professional employer. I don't think I'm 100% ready to get back to being employed again. I am just starting to do a couple of the things I love. Right now, this is not generating income for me, but with dedication and practice, I'm sure this will become another source of income, aside from working on projects with my clients. The only choice I have is becoming a professional employer. Which I am hoping to do this month once I gather all the requirements.

Meetups/Workshops


Thanks to constantly attending meetups for the past few years, I have met really cool people who do amazing things! It's great to see how someone evolves up close in personal compared to just stalking my online heroes. It makes me try harder to work on the things I love to do. Which is why I am starting to do right now. There aren't too many design meetups as of now. The last workshop I attended was Hero Angeles' Miniature Food Workshop last May 2018 and I haven't put what I learned to use. lol.

Mental Health


I'm serious about this. Discussion of my mental health status deserves a place. It's what makes me my best and worst at what I do. There is less mental breakdowns this year. Unlike before when I end up really down which affected my work very badly. It lasted for months. Mostly because of stress, and improper time management. Too overwhelmed with all the YES I gave to all invitations to work on projects. For this year, I have placed my profile in private and accepted less projects. Kinda like getting back to the part-time freelancer and part-time chill thing. Another thing that contributed to most of my mental health was the fact that I have not worked on the things I wanted to do creatively. Which is why I have been slowly doing it this past few month. Overall, I'm getting better at handling my outbursts.

Admitting to the wrong things we have done, accepting it, and forgiving ourselves takes a lot of practice. It does not happen overnight. With every problem you have, there are so many solutions available. Sometimes the downer whispers to our ears telling us to give up. It's useless. Allow yourself to grieve and listen to this voice. But do not make decisions just yet. The downer eventually gets tired of telling you things and will be quiet in a few hours or days. Do something that relaxes you. You will then know when's the right time to make decisions.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Flickr Images